Dr. Eugenio Gaudio – Institute of Oncology Research, via Vela 66500 Bellinzona (Switzerland) – firstname.lastname@example.org
This Working Group will focus on biophysical and biological tests able to distinctively measure affinities and activities of small molecule ligands against specific macromolecular targets, selected on the basis of their known roles in the pathophysiology of disease. The WG priority will be for bimolecular targets in disease networks, structurally resolved by NMR and/or X-ray experiments in presence of ligands complexed into their binding pockets.
- selecting the therapeutically relevant molecular targets on the basis of structure availability and their role in disease networks;
- up-to-dating best biophysical test for the evaluation of ligands against selected targets;
- optimizing biological protocols for determining the target implication in vitro
- compiling the list of the targets to be processed in silico by other WGs;
- updating the methods and procedures to biophysically characterize ligand-target interactions;
- optimizing procedures for fast and convenient in vitro biological tests of selected targets.
- reviewing and optimizing biophysical and biological tests useful for measuring ligand affinities and/or activities;
- starting a biological catalog program;
- providing with optimized biophysical and biological tests able to simplify the scientific communication with experimental and theoretical chemists of other WGs; list of targets and their combinations relevant for the rational design of multiple ligands.
|Richard Alan||Engh||MC Member||NO|
|Wieslawa Agnieszka||Fogel||MC Member||PL|
|Celine J.||Marmion||MC Member||IE|
|Christiana A.||Mitsopoulou||MC Member||EL|
|Francisco Javier||Pavón||MC Member||ES|
|Ioannis P.||Trougakos||MC Substitute||EL|
|Gunay||Yetik Anacak||MC Member||TR|